BAHASA INGGRIS MARITIM 2
I. TRANSLATE THE FOLLOWING SENTENCES INTO ENGLISH BASED ON IMO-SMCP !
1. Anda akan menemukan baju penolong di bawah tempat tidur.
Answer : You will find helper clothes under the bed
2. Lapor bilamana kemudi tidak makan.
Answer : Reported when the sterring is not eating
3. Tanda bahaya darurat umum terdiri dari tujuh tiup pendek dan satu tiup panjang.
Answer : General emergency alarm consists of seven short inflatable and one inflatable long
II. CHOOSE THE APPROPRIATE WORD PROVIDED IN THE BRACKET !
1. A crane is ( use, used, using ) for lifting heavy objects.
Answer : use
2. The safety of the ship is the ( responsible, responsibility, responding ) of the master.
Answer : responsible
3. The ship and ( its, his, her ) equipment are tested.
Answer : her
4. An officer is always ( on, of, by ) watch on the bridge.
Answer : on
III. REARRANGE THE FOLLOWING WORD TO BECOME A GOOD SENTENCES !
1. Fitted – propeller - bow – pitch – in – is – the
2. Port – make – your – lee – side – on.
Answer : Make port on your lee side
3. Body – ship – a – the – the – hull – called – is – of .
Answer : the body of a ship is called the hull
4. Fighting – fire – have – helmets – have – team – smoke – must .
IV. REWRITE THE FOLLOWING SENTENCES IN THE THREE ALTERNATIVE WAYS !
1. We measure time with a chronometer.
2. A sextant is used for measuring the angle between the celestial body and horizon.
3. The function of a windlass is to raise and lower the anchors.
BAHASA INGGGRIS 2
I. TRANSLATE THE FOLLOWING SENTENCES INTO ENGLISH.
1. Para nelayan biasanya pergi menangkap ikan pada waktu terjadinya pasang perbani.
Answer : The fishermans usually go to catch fish when the hepenis of time of time perbani.
2. Sesuai dengan peraturan keselamatan semua alat pemadam kebakaran harus diperiksa dua kali setiap tahun.
Answer : According to the regn safety regulation all equipment of fire extinsme mit of inspation twice every year.
3. Makanan beku harus dicairkan dulu sebelum dimasak.
Answer : Frozen food must be malkied being cooked.
II. JOIN THESE SENTENCES TOGETHER BY ADDING RELATIVE CLAUSES WHICH OR WHO
1. An officer may become the master of his own ship.
He has the right qualification and experience.
2. One officer is called is called the Chief Steward.
He is responsible for the catering Department.
3. Some cargoes are stowage in lock – ups.
These cargoes are stowage classes as valuable.
III. COMPLETE THESE SENTENCES WITH PREPOSITIONS, AT, AWAY FROM, ON, OFF, IN AND OUT OFF.
1. The helmsman stood AT the wheel.
2. The ship anchored AWAY FROM other ships.
3. The Chart lay ON the table.
4. He stood OUT OFF the way of the derrick.
5. The keel was just AWAY FROM the seabed.
IV. ANSWER THIS QUESTION IN COMPLETE SENTENCES.
1. What is bulk cargo ?
Answer : bulk cargo um packed cargo of comudity.
2. What is general cargo ?
Answer : general cargo is cargo coming in baxes crates bags and plices.
3. Why is bulk cargo easier to stow then general cargo ?
Answer : because it is packed cargo of one comudity.